Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping $200 or more.
The Fast Eddy’sTM by Cookshack FEC100 smoker is a 100% wood pellet smoker with a Cookshack IQ5 electronic control system. The FEC100 is used nationwide by competition and home cooks looking for a consistent and reliable smoker.
How It Works:
- Heat and smoke are supplied by 100% wood pellets
- Offset firebox and convection fan circulates smoke and heat for even temperatures
- Drippings exit the bottom of the smoker into a removable drip pan for a clean, safe operation.
- Includes 8 programmable, customizable cooking presets
- Alarm Cycle
- 16 character LED display
- USB port for downloading up to 512 hours of cook time onto a FAT formatted USB flash drive
- Features 3-stage, 2-stage and probe mode cooking options
- Optional meat probe allow the user to set the smoker to a desired internal meat temperature and then automatically cycles into rest when the temperature is met
- Tough double-walled stainless steel construction surrounds 850 degree F Spin-Glass insulation
- Retains heat and remains cool to the touch on the outside
- Pellets are clean burning, produce very little ash and create low creosote buildup
- Approved my all major cooking competition sanctioning bodies
Gene Ellis was passionate about barbecue and knew there had to be an easier way to smoke his favorite foods in his own backyard. Judy, Gene’s wife, shared his love of cooking and helped him develop the line of sauces and rubs we still use today!
Gene tried to create easy smoked foods on a charcoal grill with little success. He moved to a stone fireplace then to welded metal boxes (the initial design concept for what we call the SmartSmokers). “As the metal box technology improved, so did our meals,” said Donna Ellis-Johnson, one of Gene and Judy’s three children.
Gene, ever the entreprenuer, knew there was a need in the restaurant world for equipment that could slow smoke foods without the hassle and long hours of a traditional pit. Word of Gene’s invention spread like wildfire and soon, other backyard cooks were requesting smaller versions of the commercial units.
Little did Gene know that more than 50 years later, his company would still be in the hands of his children, with the help of current CEO, Stuart Powell. From humble beginnings in Gene and Judy’s backyard to more than 50 years and still smokin’, Cookshack’s family and character based business practices are why we are the number one choice of pit masters, chefs, caterers, and backyard cooks across the globe.
ABOUT FAST EDDY:
In 1997, Eddy developed what is today called the FEC100, a top quality professional competition smoker. He used the smoker himself at first and saw the need for a consistent, pellet-fired smokers in the restaurant industry. From there, he started working on commercial units.
In 2003, Eddy and Cookshack joined forces. The launch of the FEC750 was an answer to cooks and chefs who needed to cook large amounts of quality food on a consistent basis for restaurants and caterers. Over time, Eddy tested his recipes and equipment through the barbecue cook-off circuit throughout the United States.
These days, you will find Eddy doing one of his favorite things; teaching others his method of quality cooking. As a retired Kansas City firefighter, he makes his home in Kansas City and can frequently be found in Ponca City working on product improvements and development with Cookshack’s R&D team. His proudest accomplishment, win or lose, is seeing his students and customers excel.